It's almost the weekend! Let's celebrate with a giveaway, shall we? I have a copy of the Modern Sampler Quilt pattern by Yoshiko Jinzenji to give away, which means that if you've been on the fence about participating in the Modern Sampler Quilt Along, this is your chance to snag a pattern and join in!
There are two ways to enter:
1. Leave a comment, any comment, below.
2. Sign up for the Salty Oat Newsletter, and leave a comment below letting me know you've done so.
That's it! Comments will close at 11:59 pm EST on Thursday, September 10, and I'll announce the winner here next Friday. There's also a giveaway for a second copy of the pattern over on Instagram, so be sure to pop over there to increase your chances of winning a pattern!
UPDATE: This giveaway is now closed. Thank you to everyone who entered, and congrats to Carol of Quiltmaker Napa, who won the pattern!
In the meantime, here's a round-up of a few fun links from around the web I wanted to share:
- Ashley from Film in the Fridge used Maze and Vale heart fabric from the shop in this gorgeous baby boy quilt. I love seeing what customers make with the fabrics I sell, so be sure to tag photos of your own projects with the hashtag #fabricfromsaltyoat so I'll see them!
- An interesting behind-the-scenes look at how commercially printed quilting-weight fabrics are produced.
- Have you ever overdyed a quilt? I haven't, but would be open to it, especially for a thrift store find in less-than-stellar condition. The comments on this post about the topic are interesting---people are divided!
- Anna from Noodlehead made a gorgeous clutch from multiple Umbrella Prints prints, including Fanflower in Clay, which is available in the shop!
- Love this technique used to create fabric for a set of community quilts which were hung in a California family shelter.