The holidays are upon us! In case you're looking for gift ideas for your crafty, embroidery-loving friends and loved ones, I've pulled together a round-up of a few of my favorite embroidery supplies to inspire you:
- Not only are Tulip embroidery needles lovely to sew with, they come beautifully packaged in a glass vial that can be used for storage later on.
- Wooden bobbins are a pretty way to organize a growing stash of embroidery floss.
- I design a handful of embroidery patterns, which have the designs printed directly onto the fabric. They're perfect for creating a custom kit to gift to a friend, or you can stitch one up yourself and gift the finished piece.
- A needle minder keeps needles right where you can see them.
- Purl Soho always does such a nice job of stocking beautiful, high-quality, curated craft supplies, and their bundles of embroidery floss are no exception.
- A monthly subscription to Sarah K. Benning's Pattern Program would make such a thoughtful, ongoing gift. Her unique and original PDF patterns include crystals, plants, and landscapes.
- These black silhouette scissors are perfect for snipping threads.
- A sew-your-own needle book kit by Sotak Handmade is both a fun sewing project and a great way to store needles and pins.
- I love using a zipper pouch to store all of my embroidery supplies and pack them for flights. I think this beautiful leather pouch made in Oregon would be especially nice for that purpose.
P.S. I put together a gift guide for quilters last year, in case you're looking for even more ideas!