Blog / screen-printed fabric
1. Kate's step-by-step tutorial for how to screenprint on fabric at home is super thorough.
2. Great way to use a fat quarter: Anna's invisible zipper pillows made from gorgeous Skinny Laminx fabrics.
3. Love this interview with Australian fabric designer Leslie of Maze and Vale. (Update: It looks like the interview is no longer available on the Handmaker's Factory website!)
4. Two projects featuring Umbrella Prints Trimmings Packs (there are still a few left in the shop!): wide-mouth zipper pouch by Anna and a gorgeous wall quilt by Ashley.
5. Design Sponge's silkscreen tutorial (They make it look so simple---I want to try this method!)
Sarah's prints are bright and bold, and great for so many projects, including throw pillows and zipper...
For a dear friend's birthday this month, I stitched up a small wall quilt, using prints by Umbrella Prints from my fabric shop and some scraps of chambray.
Inspired by Betsy's honeycombs, I stitched up my own by hand, using an English paper-piecing technique.
I then machine-appliquéd the honeycombs to my quilt top and did echo quilting around the edges.
I stuck with my now-favorite rounded corners, and used up the rest of the binding I had made for this quilt. I used a coordinating vintage blue print for the backing, and I added both a label and a hanging sleeve.
I loved having the chance to work with these prints (they're among my favorites) and I'm happy to report that the birthday girl loved her gift.
This Saturday, October 5, I'll be teaching in the classroom space at Gather in downtown Cary. I'll walk students through the steps of making a fold-over clutch based on one of my favorite patterns, by Eighteenth Century Agrarian Business, using a gorgeous large-scale heart print by Umbrella Prints.
All supplies (including outer and inner fabrics, binding, a metal zipper, and leather zipper pull) will be provided. All you need to bring is your sewing machine, thread, and pins.
Interested in signing up? You can register for the class over here. Questions? Shoot me an email. Hope to see you this weekend!
Now through Friday, October 4, I'm offering free domestic and international shipping in my Etsy shop! Simply enter the coupon code YAYFREESHIP at checkout. I've got lots of pretty fabrics by Umbrella Prints in stock, including a few fat quarter packs, along with quilts and pillows. All orders will ship on Saturday, October 5.