Blog / applique
- a copy of 318 Patchwork Patterns by Kumiko Fujita
- a bundle of all of the other patterns by Yoshiko Jinzenji
- a mini charm pack of Denyse Schmidt's Modern Solids
- a pack of 1" hexagons for English paper piecing
- a fabric bundle which includes Maze and Vale panels and a cut of Yoshiko Jinzenji fabric
To be in the running for this excellent prize pack, please link up to your completed quilt, following the instructions below. The link-up will remain open until next Tuesday, November 1 at 11:59 pm EST. I'll then pull a winner, at random, from all of the entries, and will announce the winner on Wednesday, November 2. I can't wait to see your quilts, and good luck!
UPDATE 11/3/16: A huge congratulations to everyone that finished their Modern Sampler Quilts. The results are amazing! And a special congratulations to Debbie, from A Quilter's Table, whose name was selected at random to receive the prize pack. Thanks again to all that participated!
HOW TO LINK UP
1. Click the "Add your link" button below, and link to a blog post or Instagram photo of your completed Modern Sampler Quilt. In the "Link Title" field, enter your blog name or Instagram handle.
2. If you're linking to a blog post, please link back to this post somewhere in your post. If you're linking to an Instagram photo, be sure to tag your photo with the hashtag #modernsamplerquiltalong.
The Modern Sampler Quilt Along is an informal and virtual quilt along where we make a block from Yoshiko Jinzenji's Modern Sampler Quilt pattern each month. You can follow the hashtag #modernsamplerquiltalongon Instagram to get a peek at everyone's blocks, fabrics, and progress, as we work our way through the pattern together. On the last Tuesday of each month, we gather here to share the blocks...
Good morning! Welcome to my stop on the Cultivate Blog Tour, a blog hop celebrating Bonnie Christine's latest fabric collection, Cultivate. I've sewn with Bonnie's fabric and ribbon before (using them in both a lined tote bag and a round zipper pouch), and I must say that the colors and patterns in this latest collection are among my favorites.
In case it's your first time here, welcome! My name is...
For a dear friend's birthday this month, I stitched up a small wall quilt, using prints by Umbrella Prints from my fabric shop and some scraps of chambray.
Inspired by Betsy's honeycombs, I stitched up my own by hand, using an English paper-piecing technique.
I then machine-appliquéd the honeycombs to my quilt top and did echo quilting around the edges.
I stuck with my now-favorite rounded corners, and used up the rest of the binding I had made for this quilt. I used a coordinating vintage blue print for the backing, and I added both a label and a hanging sleeve.
I loved having the chance to work with these prints (they're among my favorites) and I'm happy to report that the birthday girl loved her gift.