Blog / applique
For the second year in a row, I designed the free Row by Row Experience pattern for Pintuck & Purl, a yarn and fabric shop in Exeter, NH. (You can learn all about Row by Row here.) For this year's theme of "On the Go," I designed this block featuring two rows of hand-appliquéd tires with Liberty of London rims.
Since each tire and rim are hand sewn to individual blocks, the row is super portable and perfect for tucking into your carry-on or beach bag. I did a fun little interview for the Pintuck & Purl blog about the row, its inspiration, and even a bit about my background, in case you'd like to learn more.
The only way to get your hands on this pattern is to visit Pintuck & Purl in person between now and September 5. The shop also has a handful of kits available for purchase, which include those yummy bits of Liberty of London Tana Lawn. If you can't make it to the shop this summer, the pattern will be available for purchase through Pintuck & Purl after November 1, 2017.
And if you're itching for more hand-appliqué inspiration and projects, be sure to check out Crazy Mom Quilts' "dot your i's" quilt, Suzy Quilts' free Aria Quilt pattern, and Carolyn Friedlander's book, Savor Each Stitch.
- a copy of 318 Patchwork Patterns by Kumiko Fujita
- a bundle of all of the other patterns by Yoshiko Jinzenji
- a mini charm pack of Denyse Schmidt's Modern Solids
- a pack of 1" hexagons for English paper piecing
- a fabric bundle which includes Maze and Vale panels and a cut of Yoshiko Jinzenji fabric
To be in the running for this excellent prize pack, please link up to your completed quilt, following the instructions below. The link-up will remain open until next Tuesday, November 1 at 11:59 pm EST. I'll then pull a winner, at random, from all of the entries, and will announce the winner on Wednesday, November 2. I can't wait to see your quilts, and good luck!
UPDATE 11/3/16: A huge congratulations to everyone that finished their Modern Sampler Quilts. The results are amazing! And a special congratulations to Debbie, from A Quilter's Table, whose name was selected at random to receive the prize pack. Thanks again to all that participated!
HOW TO LINK UP
1. Click the "Add your link" button below, and link to a blog post or Instagram photo of your completed Modern Sampler Quilt. In the "Link Title" field, enter your blog name or Instagram handle.
2. If you're linking to a blog post, please link back to this post somewhere in your post. If you're linking to an Instagram photo, be sure to tag your photo with the hashtag #modernsamplerquiltalong.
The Modern Sampler Quilt Along is an informal and virtual quilt along where we make a block from Yoshiko Jinzenji's Modern Sampler Quilt pattern each month. You can follow the hashtag #modernsamplerquiltalongon Instagram to get a peek at everyone's blocks, fabrics, and progress, as we work our way through the pattern together. On the last Tuesday of each month, we gather here to share the blocks...
Good morning! Welcome to my stop on the Cultivate Blog Tour, a blog hop celebrating Bonnie Christine's latest fabric collection, Cultivate. I've sewn with Bonnie's fabric and ribbon before (using them in both a lined tote bag and a round zipper pouch), and I must say that the colors and patterns in this latest collection are among my favorites.
In case it's your first time here, welcome! My name is...