In March, my husband and I will spend five days in Seattle, a city that neither of us have been to before. We've booked our hotel--we're staying at the Ace Hotel, a former halfway house (!)--and are now starting to compile a list of activities.
Here's what's on the to-do list so far:
- Check out the architecture of the central branch of the Seattle Public Library (former home of Nancy Pearl, the model for the librarian action figure)
- Stroll through Olympic Sculpture Park
- Eat at Lunchbox Labratory (check out their milkshake in a beaker and one of their ridiculously tall burgers) and Trophy Cupcakes
- Shop at Venue Ballard and some of the design shops highlighted in Design*Sponge's Seattle city guide (Here's the updated guide.)
- Sip on lattes at the original Starbucks in Pike Place Market
- Browse the toy selection at Schmancy, a store highly recommended by a friend