This goofy guy turned one yesterday. Happy birthday, Elton!
Big things have been happening behind the scenes here at Salty Oat. Between DBA and tax ID number applications and late-night stitching sessions, I've been getting ready for the launch of the first line of Salty Oat goodies. In the coming weeks, I'll be setting up shop to sell crafty items like monogrammed cross-stitch pinback buttons made from thrifted aida cloth in a rainbow of colors and handmade embroidered napkins.
I have some more fun projects to share with you (like a pillow made with a wedding invite printed on a handkerchief, pincushions from a swap I participated in, and more details from our library-themed wedding) in the coming weeks as well, but I haven't had a chance to photograph everything yet, so today, I thought I'd share some of my favorite recently posted projects and Etsy finds.
- This nesting doll pincushion by Maximum Rabbit Designs would be the perfect project for the matryoshka dolls I still have stashed at my parents' house (via Craft).
- Love this espresso maker print by Sandra Juto (via A CUP OF JO).
- Platter + cross-stitch = best housewarming gift ever.
- This brooch covered in vintage fabric from an obi is totally modern and adorable.
- I would love to make a quilt from these precut blocks of vintage fabric.
- The best kind of plant: one made from yarn that never needs to be watered.
- Prudent Baby's makeup bag looks like it could fit all of my toiletries and then some.
- This tiny little wall hanging would be the perfect way to commemorate an anniversary.
Have your own great crafty find? Please share in the comments!