embroidery project: chandelier

As an early Christmas present, I received a copy of Jenny Hart's latest book, Embroidered Effects. I hadn't done any embroidery up until that point (November), so I read the book cover to cover and practiced all of the stitches. The book includes lots of neat transfers, so for my very first embroidery project, I decided to stitch a chandelier.
The design was super easy to stitch (I did most of the stitching while sitting on a plane) and features lots of French knots. I stitched the design all in blue, and following Jenny's suggestion, I added a gold sequin to the main droplet hanging from the chandelier. 
I was finally able to frame the piece a few weeks ago using this simple tutorial and a scrap of floral fabric.


Leave a comment